Editor's Note: This Grilled Cheese & Creamy Tomato Soup is comfort food at it's finest. Prepare the soup as the grilled cheese is cooking, and lunch is ready in no time. The basil gives the soup a richer flavor, and the Greek yogurt makes it extra creamy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 packet Medifast Tomato Basil Bisque
- 1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce sliced or shredded low-fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil leaves
1. Mix Medifast Tomato Basil Bisque with liquid egg substitute. Spray the squares of a sandwich maker with cooking spray, pour mixture in evenly, and cook for three to four minutes. Add cheese to one slice and top with second slice.
2. Meanwhile, combine olive oil, tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and vegetable stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for five minutes. Puree mixture with Greek yogurt. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve alongside grilled cheese sandwich.
Lean & Green Meal: 330 calories | 11g fat | 26g carbohydrates | 35g protein