I love using summer fruits to make fresh sweet salsas. Peaches and tomatoes make for a juicy, sweet and tart combo that perfectly complements smoky grilled chicken. Try it over grilled skinless boneless cutlets as well.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 small ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken legs with thighs attached
In a medium bowl, combine peaches, red onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, mint, honey, and ½ teaspoon salt and stir well. Set aside.
Season chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill over medium high heat for 30 to 38 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. To serve, top grilled chicken with peach salsa.
Nutrition Information uses nectarines and does not include optional ingredients.