Super simple dough that happens to be pretty healthy turns into a delicious breakfast or brunch or even dessert. It's not super sweet, but you can add icing if that's your thing. The recipe is based on cinnamon buns, but I used Hawaij for Coffee instead of the cinnamon
I made this dough with a bowl and spoon but you can use a food processor or mixer to help bring everything together if you want.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½-2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (about 400 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Jamie Geller Hawaij for Coffee
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Butter or grease a 9 or 10-inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl combine flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Add the yogurt and stir until it begins to come together adding more yogurt as needed to form a smooth, not too sticky dough ball.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and Hawaij together. Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the dough into roughly a 12x20 inch rectangle and brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar hawaij mixture.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into three equal strips length-wise and carefully stack them on top of on another and then cut again into five to six stacks.
- Place stacks vertically in prepared loaf pan and bake until center is done (use a thermometer to be safe it is ready at approximately 190F), about 30-35 minutes. Let rest 20-30 minutes before running a knife along the edges and removing the bread from the pan to serve.
- Serve with icing if desired.