If you are looking for a decadent cake soaked in honey, this is it! This cake is super moist and sweet with a prominent honey avor that pairs perfectly with the whiskey.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup whiskey
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 to 15 cup Bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3.In a measuring cup, combine soy milk, water, and whiskey and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add oil, sugar, brown sugar, and honey. Beat on low speed until combined. With the mixer running on low, add eggs, one at a time, until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. With the mixer running on low, add ⅓ of the flour mixture, then half the whiskey mixture, another ⅓ of the flour, the rest of the whiskey, and finally the rest of the flour mixture.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and springs back to the touch.
7. Once the cake comes out of the oven, prepare glaze. In a small saucepan, combine vegan butter, honey, whiskey, and salt. Heat until it comes to a boil, and allow to boil, and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Once cake has cooled for 10 minutes, use a toothpick or wooden skewer to poke holes all over the cake. Slowly pour half the glaze all over the cake. Allow to cool completely, then turn the cake out onto a cake plate. Using a pastry brush, brush the rest of the glaze all over the top of the cake.