Combine the berries, sugar and sparkling wine and allow to macerate 2 – 3 hours, or overnight, covered in the refrigerator.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 cup assorted fresh berries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ounce Asti Spumanti, or other sparkling wine
Honey Ginger Zabaglione
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 ounce sugar
- 3 ounces Jamie Geller Honey + Lemon & Ginger
- ½ cup Asti Spumanto, or other sparkling wine
- 1 piece star anise
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cup whipped heavy cream or nondairy whipped topping
- Combine the yolks, sugar, honey, sparkling wine, star anise, and ginger into a double boiler. Over simmering water, whisk until thick and frothy. Remove the bowl and chill over an ice-bath. Whisk while chilling.
- Once chilled, remove the star anise and discard. Gently fold in the whipped cream with a rubber spatula. Place the macerated berries in a dessert bowl with some of the berry liquid. Top the berries with a generous amount of Zabaglione. Glaze under the high flame of a cooking torch, or broiler. Serve immediately.