A little sage, salt and pepper goes a long way when you start with flavorful lamb chops. In less then 15 minutes your gourmet dinner will be ready.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (or 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 6 to 8 shoulder lamb chops, about 2-1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 to 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 (5.6 ounce) box Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous, prepared according to package directions
- In a small bowl, mix sage, salt and pepper.
- Rinse lamb chops and pat dry. Rub spice mixture into chops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place lamb chops in skillet. Fry for 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Drain off excess fat. Add wine, vinegar and mint.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon couscous onto a serving platter. Arrange lamb chops on top and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW