Make yourself a muffin anytime you want with this muffin in a mug.
If you are looking for something like a muffin for breakfast, this blueberry lemon muffin is one of my favorites. Because it is made in the microwave it has a softer and somewhat sponger texture than a traditional blueberry muffin, but the oats give it just the right amount of chewiness to offset the jammy cooked blueberries.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup (1.2 oz) flour*
- 2 tablespoons (.75 oz) rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz) whole milk**
- 1 tablespoon (.5 oz) refined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons (1.3 oz) blueberries
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar (optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients (flour-salt) in a bowl.
2. Add the milk and oil and stir until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
3. Grease a 10-12 oz mug and transfer the batter into the mug. Sprinkle the top with the coarse sugar, if using it. Microwave the muffin for 75-90 seconds, or until the top is set and springs back gently when pressed.
4. Let the muffin cool for two or three minutes, and enjoy.
*To make this muffin whole grain substitute three tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour for the regular flour.
** To make this muffin vegan substitute coconut milk or your favorite non-dairy milk for the milk.