This easy chicken and veggie saute only takes 20 minutes to cook and is a great main dish to serve alongside rice, roasted potatoes, salad, or a big pile of your favorite flatbreads. But you'll need to plan ahead a little. For big flavor, this chicken needs to first marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
1. In a small bowl create the marinade by mixing together coconut milk, honey, lime zest and juice, ginger, salt, and pepper.
2. Place chicken strips in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or ziplock bag and pour marinade over chicken, covering all.
3. Cover dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove chicken from dish and discard the marinade.
4. Heat evoo in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté chicken strips for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
5. Add peppers and onion and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Add chicken back to the pan and toss with vegetables. Serve immediately.