A fantastic way to use tomatillos at the their best. Enjoy this flavorful salad.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 medium tomatillos, papery skin removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium poblano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 of (15 oz/443 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 -3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Boston Bibb Lettuce leaves or medium romaine leaves
1 Combine tomatillos, poblano pepper, tomatoes, beans, cilantro, and zest in a medium bowl.
2 When ready to serve, add remaining ingredients and stir gently, yet thoroughly, until well blended. Serve on lettuce leaves.