One variation on this salad uses chopped scallions instead of red onion. Or you could add 3 tablespoons of slivered almonds for a satisfying crunch. This rice salad also tastes great made with Near East Whole Grain Blend Pecan and Garlic flavor.
- Prep Time
- 1 (6-ounce) box Near East Long Grain and Wild Rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup Craisins or dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- While rice is cooking, mix Craisins, parsley, onion, celery, olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside.
- Once rice cools, add to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours, or up to 1 day.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER