- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (6 to 8 - Pound) BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon grainy country-style mustard
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Medium apple, cored and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
1 Pat breast dry with paper towels.
2 In small bowl, mix oil and mustard; rub over breast and under skin from neck end. Do not detach skin at base. Season with salt and pepper. Slide apple slices between skin and meat.
3 Place breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a food thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees F.
4 Meanwhile, combine syrup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
5 During last 20 minutes of roasting, baste breast with mixture. If skin is browning too quickly, tent with foil.
6 Remove breast to serving platter and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
7 TIP: For more flavorful pan juices, add additional sliced apple, a sliced onion and 1/2 cup apple juice to roasting pan with turkey.
8 Serve with sweet potatoes and fruit chutney. Garnish with fresh sage.
Source: National Turkey Federation