Make it lean and flavorful with Turkey burgers with Mexican spices.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/4 pounds Ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 (2.5 ounce) Onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 ounces Avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Prepared salsa (optional)
1 In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, 1/2 cup California Ripe Olives, green onions, jalapenos and garlic.
2 Season with lime juice, chili powder, cumin, sage and salt and mix thoroughly.
3 Divide mixture into fourths and shape into patties.
4 Grill turkey burgers over medium-high heat for 4-5 minute on each side until cooked through.
5 Place each cooked burger on the bottom half of a toasted onion roll.
6 Garnish with 2-3 slices of avocado, 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sliced California Ripe Olives, if desired.
7 Cot tywith top half of bun just before serving
Source: California Olive