We love how fresh this mint chutney tastes when combined with quinoa to make a simple easy salad. We use the same chutney to make Lamb Kabobs which you can serve with this salad or with plain rice.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups fresh mint
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (any color)
- 1 cup mint chutney
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh mint
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ½ cup dried cherries
- To prepare chutney: Add mint, cilantro, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt to the bowl of a food processor or pitcher of a blender and pulse until all ingredients are well blended together. Transfer to a covered container and store in the fridge up to 3 days, until ready to use.
- Combine quinoa with mint chutney, evoo, fresh lemon juice, and additional fresh mint. Toss in toasted walnuts and dried cherries.