- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 servings ServingsServings
- 2 pounds:of large carrots, peeled and cut down to 1" slices
- 2 pounds:sweet potatoes, peeled and cut to 1" cubes
- 2 pounds:white potatoes (any work fine, I use russet) peeled and cut to 1" cubes
- 5 cups:water
- 1 cup:coarsely chopped prunes
- 1/4 cup:honey
- 1/4 teaspoon:nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon:cinnamon
- 1 large lemon's rind,:finely grated
- 1 cup:water
- 1 tablespoon:margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the carrots in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Then add all of the potatoes to the pot and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- At this point the vegetables will barely seem tender - don't worry. Drain the potatoes and carrots well.
- Add the prunes, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon rind and 1 cup of water to the mix.
- Pour the mixture this into a greased 3 Qt. baking dish (should be shallow rather than deep).
- Dot the top with the margarine. Bake for 1/2 hour.
- If you feel it is browning cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Serves 8 to 10