I make these muffins all the time, they are so delicious and so healthy because they take advantage of a multigrain cereal mix, like this one. I prefer to find a mix with flaxseeds, but any mix will work. You can add blueberries as I do or swap them for strawberries, apples and cinnamon, or even simply chocolate chips.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 muffinsServings
- 1 cup dry hot cereal, multi grain
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil, olive oil or canola or grapeseed
- 1 cup blueberries (or your own variation)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine multigrain hot cereal with flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add eggs, oil and milk. Mix liquids and stir into dry ingredients until just mixed through and no dry flour spots remain.
- Add blueberries and mix carefully one more time.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Cool and serve.