Make your chili with veggie ground beef and then you can top with cheese and sour cream. This one also works in a slow cooker and can sit on low for as long as you need.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound veggie ground meat
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or more for spicier
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (32-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle imported beer
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-once) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and avocado
- Heat a deep, large skillet or a pot over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Saute the onion for two minutes, add the veggie meat and the mushrooms and garlic. Season with grill seasoning and cumin. Add the Worcestershire and chili powder.
- Pour in beer, tomatoes, and beans. Cook for a minimum of 30 minutes or as long you need on low to allow flavors to meld.
- Top bowls with cheese, sour cream and avocado.