- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 pounds beef for stew
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, cut into cubes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Place beef, water, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt and black pepper in stockpot.
2 Cover and bake in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3 Meanwhile cut squash lengthwise into quarters; remove seeds. Place squash cut side down in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish, overlapping if necessary.
4 Add water. Bake in 325°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until fork-tender.
5 Place each baked squash quarter onto serving plate. Fill with equal amounts of beef mixture. Top with tomato and avocado, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro.