Here is a delicious and light version of red cabbage at its best. Red cabbage is delicious raw but many serve it cooked or steamed with equally tantalizing results!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 red cabbage, sliced (use two bags of pre-checked cabbage)
- 8 ounces (240 grams) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 dashes dried dill
- 4 ounces pine nuts, pre-roasted at 350°F in the oven or toasted in a pot for 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1. Slice the red cabbage or spill contents of bags into a bowl. Massage cabbage with your fingers to soften somewhat.
2. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt to taste, but remember that feta cheese is salty as well.
3. Top with feta cheese and pine nuts. Mix thoroughly and serve.
Suggestions : You may substitute feta cheese with your favorite cheese and serve as a main course or filling lunch. Substitute pine nuts with other seeds such as sesame or sunflower seeds. Substitute parsley with cilantro or other fresh herbs of your choice.
Recipe posted with permission from Kosher Classics: Menus and Customs Around the Jewish Year