Salmon is one of my regular go to dinners, it is simple and fast to prepare and we all love it. I almost feel silly even giving this recipe because it is so simple, but it looks and tastes so good.
- 11/2 pound of salmon, skin removed and cut into individual portions
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (preferably grapeseed or canola)
- 1/4 cup fat-free or soy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Jamie Geller Za'atar
Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes, you need the pan to be screaming hot.
Drizzle in oil. Sprinkle one side of the salmon with half the salt and pepper. Place in skillet seasoned side down. Sprinkle the rest of the salt and pepper on the fish and allow to cook until the bottom is crispy about 5 minutes. Turn salmon over, lower heat to moderate and cook another 3-5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to plates and serve with a dollop of sour cream topped with zataar.
Tip: Make sure not to touch and fuss with the salmon while it is cooking except for turning one time.