What are pappardelle? They’re wide fettuccini noodles. This dish is enough for a meal on its own, but it can also be part of a delicious Italian themed menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, plus more for garnish
- ½ medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8-ounces pappardelle or thick pasta, cooked and drained, pasta water reserved
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat evoo in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 2 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté 4 minutes or until softened. Add beans, olives, tomato paste, and ¼ cup pasta water and bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta to pan, season with salt and pepper and toss to heat through. Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with evoo to serve.