This pasta is ready in 20 minutes or less with foods you probably already have in the house. Quick, easy and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound whole wheat ziti or penne or rotini
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds cherry tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt and cook pasta per package directions, less 2 minutes.
- Two minutes before pasta is supposed to be ready add broccoli florets to the pot so they can blanch, drain pasta and broccoli reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, put 4 tablespoons evoo in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook until they begin to burst. Press the tomatoes with a fork to mash a bit and continue to took about 5 minutes more. Stir in basil salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to pan with pasta water and parmesan cheese. Remove pan from heat, stir well and serve.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
- Calories: 558
- Carbohydrate Content: 90 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 15.6 g
- Protein Content: 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.9 g
- Sodium Content: 109 mg
- Sugar Content: 9.3 g