- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Pear Chutney:
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2- inch wedge of red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tablespoons of water, or more if needed
- dash red chili flakes
- 1 12- inch flour tortilla
- 1/2 of a D’Anjou pear, cored & cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 1/4- inch slices of Brie cheese
- 2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
1 For the chutney: Place all ingredients a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pear is crisp-tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
2 (You may add water if liquid completely evaporates before pear is cooked.) Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and add water. Pulse quickly, just until chopped together as a chunky mixture, with ¼-inch chunks of pear, onion, & pepper. Add more water if necessary to achieve the consistenc
3 Place pear mixture in a bowl, and stir in chili flakes to taste. Let chutney cool completely before serving. Chutney can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
5 For the quesadilla:
6 Heat oven to 425 degrees. Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Spread pear slices across ½ of the tortilla. Lay brie across the top of the pear slices.
7 Sprinkle mozzarella over the brie. Fold other half of the tortilla over the pear & cheese mixture. Transfer tortilla to a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake until cheese melts & bubbles, about 3-5 minutes.
8 Remove tortilla from oven, cool slightly, then cut into 6 wedges. Serve on a plate or platter with a small bowl of chutney on the side.