These pickled vegetables can be made up to 2 weeks in advance, or made a day before and refrigerated overnight. Serve at every meal, with cocktails, or alongside our Over the Top Hummus Bar.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 QuartsServings
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 medium carrots, sliced into thin coins
- 1 head green cabbage, torn into bite sized pieces
1. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, anise, and peppercorns to a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat, for 3 to 5 minutes, until sugar and salt dissolve.
2. Place carrots and cabbage in a heatproof container. Pour hot pickling liquid over carrots and cabbage. Cool completely, then cover, and refrigerate overnight, or up to 2 weeks.
3. Transfer pickled veggies to a bowl or glass jar to serve alongside our Over the Top Hummus Bar.