A quick way to jazz up canned beets and turn them into an exciting side dish by sauting with pineapple and brown sugar. If you want, you can start with raw beets, and cook and slice them first.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-9 ounces) pineapple tidbits in syrup (1 cup of syrup)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (about 16-ounces) sliced beets, drained
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
2. Stir pineapple into syrup. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
3. Add butter, lemon juice, and drained sliced beets. Heat thoroughly, about 4-6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips: This recipe can be doubled or tripled.