Easy. Healthy. Delicious.
Don't you love when you can make a healthy chicken dinner that everyone loves. Leftovers can be even taken to work and everyone else will be jealous. And it is so easy!!!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 chicken breasts, rinsed & cubed
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ tsp salt
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Mint, finely chopped
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Cilantro (optional), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon for frying, such as Colavita
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Add the chicken breast, harissa paste and pomegranate juice to a bowl. Cover and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Bring wide frying pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil. The wide pan keeps the pieces of chicken separated, preventing them from steaming and allowing them to get crispy. Add the chicken mixture and separate pieces. Flip after 3-5 mins. If it sticks to the pan, it’s not ready to be flipped. Cook the other side for 3-5 mins. To keep the chicken juicy, don’t over-cook it! It’s ready when you cut a large chicken piece in half and the inside is white and the juices run clear.
Add couscous, salt and boiling water to a pan (or bowl). Stir. Cover and leave for 10 mins. With a fork, fluff the couscous. It should be soft and ready to eat!
To serve, place the couscous in a dish. Add the chicken on top. Then add the tomatoes, mint, parsley, cilantro (optional) lemon juice (squeeze 1/2 lemon all around the dish), pomegranate seeds, olive oil salt and pepper.
You can mix the salad if you wish, but the unmixed version is damn good-looking. You can serve it with extra harissa paste on the side.