The addition of mushrooms to potato latkes puts a new spin on an old favorite. Prep time does not include refridgeration time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 latkesServings
- 5 potatoes, cooked in skins
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Dorot cilantro Ccubes
- 2 Dorot parsley cubes
- 1 Dorot garlic cube
- Salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. Peel potatoes and grate into a bowl.
2. In a frying pan on a medium heat, fry onions and mushrooms in a little olive oil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then place in a bowl.
3. Add flour, eggs, Dorot cubes, salt and pepper and mix until uniform.
Place mixture in the refrigerator and leave for ½ hour.
4. Remove from refrigerator and shape into latkes.
5. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook each latke approximately 3 minutes on each side. Serve.
Contributed by: DOROT