Delicious, thick and creamy soup that is great on a cold winter night. It can be served pareve or dairy, hot or cold. Most of all--it's very easy to make.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10-12 ServingsServings
- 3-4 medium onions
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1 large piece pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 6-8 medium sweet potaoes peeled and cubed
- 10 medium carrots peeled and cubed
- 1 piece ginger 2 inces-peeled and crushed
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds optional
- 3 teaspoon white wine optional
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt optional
Saute onion in oil in a large pot. After it has browned slightly, add the rest of the vegetables and water to cover. Add spices. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for about an hour until the vegetables are tender.
Puree with immersion blender. If pareve--add a few tablespoons of white wine. If dairy-swirl some plain yogurt in each bowl after the soup is in the bowl.