This is a take off a Rachael Ray fried chicken recipe that I made kosher by using dairy free sour cream. You can deep fry, pan fry or even bake in the oven. There are quite a few ingredients, but they are mostly flavor enhancers that you should already have in your kitchen. You can also use a Ranch seasoning packet if you can find that is non-dairy in place of all the spices, but this way you can tailor it exactly to your tastes.
This chicken is like a ranch flavored schnitzel, you will love it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup non dairy buttermilk (mix 1 cup soy milk mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 8 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Ziplock bag or paper bag
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (if you like spice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- Combine soy milk mix with sour cream in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts in half to make it thinner. Season lightly with salt and pepper and submerge in soy milk-sour cream mixture.
- In a large pan heat a generous amount of oil until hot.
- In a large bag combine the flour, dill, garlic, onion, cayenne, chives and parsley.
- Add half the chicken to the bag and close the top and shake to coat. Add floured chicken to pan and the remaining chicken to bag. Pan fry 8-10 minutes. Serve hot and crispy.