I’m not a potato salad kind of gal. Well at least I wasn’t until I discovered an oil based (not mayo) potato salad. It can be served warm or cold and doesn’t leave you with that heavy feeling. The basil and chives really brighten the dish and make it flavorful and fresh! Reminiscent of a potato salad I made in my non-kosher culinary school, you can throw some crispy smoked beef “bacon” in this salad and really amp up the flavor and add a great crunch!
- 2 Lbs of Red potatoes (don’t peel!)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 C. Soymilk
- ½ C. Oil, Canola or Olive
- 3 T. Fresh Chives, chopped
- 2 ½ T. Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Handful of Beef Bacon, cooked, broken into 1 inch pieces (optional)
Boil potatoes in salt water for 25 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and return to pan. Add soymilk and oil and warm over low heat. Add chives and Basil and mash coarsely. Season with salt and pepper.