The more ripe the plantain is, the better! Traditionally the plantain is fried in this recipe, but in this version we are braising them, to avoid heavy frying.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 ripe plantains, peeled, cut lengthwise and then into 2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey (I love using coconut nectar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Crumbled farmer’s cheese
1. Place plantains in a large saucepan along with the butter, honey, water, cinnamon and salt. Cook covered on medium heat, until liquids have reduced and thickened and plantains are soft and caramelized.
2. Serve immediately as they are, or with crumbled farmer’s cheese on top if desired.