Roasting a medley of squash plus carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and onions will enhance the naturally sweet and earthy flavors of these fall veggies. Top with Pomegranate Molasses or Jamie Geller Pomegranate & Honeyand fresh pomegranate arils just before serving for a bright burst of sweet and tart flavors.
Take roasted veggies to the next level by sprinkling generously with Five-Minute Persillade Sauce when warm.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 - 6Servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, (not peeled, but scrubbed), cut into large dice
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 parsnip, cut into large dice
- 1 carrot, cut into large dice
- 1 red onion, cut into large dice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Garnishes: pomegranate arils, chopped flat leaf parsley, pomegranate molasses (see recipe)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato, squash, parsnip, carrot, and onions with oil to coat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer vegetables to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Roast vegetables in the preheated oven, occasionally stirring, until browned, about 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drizzle molasses on vegetables and garnish with pomegranate arils and parsley.