I have learned a lot about chickpeas and it seems most of the time soaking and not boiling them is the best way to go. I found this recipe for roasted chickpeas from @kosherrecipes on instagram and adapted it to make it parve, hers has Parmesan, so add it if you like, but really any flavoring would work and they are really amazing hot and fresh out of the oven.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cup dried chickpeas
- 2-3 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Soak the dried chickpeas for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Toss the soaked chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl then transfer the mixture to a baking sheet. Try to use a baking sheet large enough for the garbanzo beans to sit in a single layer.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing the mixture once or twice. Take the roasted chickpeas out of the oven, sprinkle kosher salt on them and toss in the baking tray. Let them cool for at least a few minutes in the baking tray before transferring to a bowl. This will give them time to get crisp. Enjoy the same day you prepare them.