Use this as a base for any of your favorite recipes like pastas or rice sides, or it can be added to a simple gravy or pan sauce to flavor meat or chicken dishes. It also makes a great topping for your hummus bowl or accompaniment to our Over the Top Hummus Bar.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 CupsServings
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pints mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat evoo in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until onions are medium brown and soft.
2. Add mushrooms and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes more, until onions and mushrooms are dark brown and very soft.