- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bulb sliced fennel
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- A pinch of crumbled saffron threads
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers.
2. Sauté 1 bulb sliced fennel with 5 cloves chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, zest and juice of 1 orange and a pinch of
crumbled saffron threads.
4. Sauté until dried cranberries begin to plump, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. Just before serving, top with 1/4 cup crushed almonds and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
As seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine