This neater, cleaner way to fry is also easier and healthier than traditional pan frying, yet achieves an incredibly crunchy, toasty exterior.
This method works for potato latkes too!!!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 pound chicken tenders
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour ¼ cup evoo in a 15x10x1 baking pan. Place pan in oven for ten minutes until evoo is hot.
- Meanwhile, prepare a dredging station. Place eggs in one plate, flour, garlic salt and black pepper in a second plate and panko in a third plate. Dip chicken tenders into flour, followed by eggs and panko.
- Remove hot pan from oven and lay chicken onto tray. Place on hot tray and “fry” eight minutes on one side and four minutes on the other.
- Serve warm or room temperature.