The Sicilian combination of raisins and pine nuts is found in many Italian Jewish recipes. This sweet and sour fish, elegant enough for Shabbat or Rosh Hashana, also makes a delicious and quick weeknight dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 - 4Servings
- 2½ to 3 pounds of red snapper fillets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Lightly spray a 9 X 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Arrange fish in casserole dish. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
4. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, raisins, and pine nuts. Pour over fish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake, basting occasionally, until fish is tender and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.