Slow roasting tomatoes makes them uber sweet and delicious without burning or charring. You can eat them straight from the pan or use them in place of raw tomatoes in sauces or even salads.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pound tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- oregano, salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Slice tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Grease a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil, and arrange tomatoes cut-side up in one layer.
- Pour more olive oil on top, and sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 1½ hours. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Serve as an accompaniment to Chicken in a Salt Crust.