- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 to 6 ServingsServings
- 12 oz. Fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz. (about 6) scallions, trimmed and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large ribs celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2 While pasta is cooking, sauté chicken breasts in margarine over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
3 Remove the chicken from pan, cut in half and chill.
4 Add flour to pan; stir until a roux forms.
5 Add green onions, celery and peppers to sauté pan.
6 Sauté until crisp tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
7 Heat until sauce begins to simmer.
8 When pasta is done, drain well.
9 Toss pasta with sauce; top with chicken.
Source: National Pasta Association