- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3-4 medium green onions 3-4
- 3 cups reserved cooked medium or long grain rice 750 mL
- 2 (14oz/400g) cans reduced sodium beef broth 2
- 4 cups reserved ginger beef stir fry 1 L
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated gingerroot 20 mL
- 1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes .5 mL
- 1 medium lime, cut in wedges 1
1 Thinly slice white parts of onions and set aside. Diagonally slice green tops of onions and set aside in separate bowl.
2 Place rice in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup (50 mL) water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 minutes or until heated through.
3 In large saucepan, bring broth to boil over high heat. Add stir fry mixture, white part of onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Return to boil and then remove from heat.
4 Spoon equal amounts of soup into four bowls, mound 3/4 cup (175 mL) rice in center of each bowl and top with sliced onion greens. Serve with lime wedges.