A simple noodle dinner with flavor from miso and fresh greens. Add leftover chicken breast or steak or tofu to get more protein in this dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (9-ounce)package Japanese udon-style noodles
- 8 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 bunch baby spinach, rinsed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 scallions, white part and 3 to 4 inches of light green, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
2. In a medium pot over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk miso paste into water until paste is dissolved.
3. Divide spinach and chili flakes evenly among 4 soup bowls. Ladle miso broth and noodles into bowls. Top each bowl with scallions and cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)