This spinach salad is a fresh and festive start to any meal. I love the combo of hearts of palm and pomegranate seeds for taste and texture. Not to mention it is perfect for the High Holiday season.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1¼ lbs. fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup palm hearts (hearts of palm), sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup mild extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 In a large bowl, combine the spinach, palm hearts, corn and pomegranate seeds.
2 No more than an hour before serving, in a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar or lemon, pomegranate
juice, salt and pepper.
3 Cover, refrigerate, and toss with the salad right before serving.
Make Ahead: Assemble all of the ingredients (except for the dressing) up to 24 hours before your party. No more than a couple of hours before, whisk together the dressing. Right before serving, dress and toss the salad.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Fall 2012 - Subscribe Now.