Everyone is in love with our turkey meatloaf, so we brought you another one that can be cooked in your slow cooker. This one is weeknight friendly, you can prep the night before and then just put it in the slow cooker before heading to work in the morning.
We suggest serving with whole wheat orzo, but rice or quinoa or farro all would be a perfect side dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ pounds ground white meat chicken or turkey
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste, divided
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat orzo
Cut parchment paper to about 15 x 9 1/2 inches to form a sling to allow you to easily insert and remove the meatloaf from your slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, egg yolks, oats, spinach, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Form into rectangle and place on parchment in slow cooker. Place sliced fennel all around the sides of the meatloaf. Mix the rest of the tomato paste with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and garlic. Coat the turkey with tomato sauce.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 481
- Carbohydrate Content: 55.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 209 mg
- Fat Content: 7.6 g
- Protein Content: 50.1 g
- Sodium Content: 891 mg