This creamy blended sweet potato soup with ginger, coconut cream, and sumac croutons blends Asian and Middle Eastern flavors for a warm, comforting soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ½ lb. sweet potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices of old bread
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Jamie Geller Sumac
1. Peel and roughly cut the sweet potatoes and onions and place in a soup pot, add the ginger and cover with water (about 6 cups). Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350° F. Dice the bread into small cubes and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with sumac and let cool.
3. Once the vegetables are tender remove pot from the heat and blend with an immersion blender until fully blended. Add the coconut milk, curry powder and salt, blend and fix seasoning according to your taste.
Serve with the croutons.