These sweet potato laktes are best if you grate by hand, but for a large crowd the food processor is a must.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsley grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup all pupose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
1. Stir together potatoes, scallions, flour, eggs, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a deep skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
3. Working in batches, spoon ⅛ cup potato mixture into oil and flatten. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golen brown. Transfer latkes to paper towels to drain.
4. Serve with ½ cup regular or parve sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon maple syrup if desired.