By using assorted root vegetables, and by roasting instead of boiling, the unique tastes and textures of this dish make for a great twist on a traditional potato salad. The creaminess of the balsamic mayo and the crunch of the chives make this one memorable recipe.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon boiling hot water
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- ⅓ cup chopped cooked beef bacon or pastrami, (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lay out root vegetables on baking tray and mix in Lipton onion soup mix, olive oil, and water.
3. Roast in oven at 375°F for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
5. Option 1: Mix the warm roasted vegetables with the dressing, chives, and pastrami and serve immediately.
6. Option 2: Lay out roasted vegetables on plate. Drizzle dressing over the vegetables. Top with chives and pastrami (if using).
Nutrition Information for one serving: 305 calories, 18 g fat, 2g saturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 3 mg potassium, 32 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 3.5 g protein.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.