Lots of ingredients but simple to make your own Asian sauce. Once you make this sauce you can use it on everything from stir fry to marinading chicken.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cupsServings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the ginger and garlic and saute 1minute until softened but not browned. In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the cornstarch mixture.
- Add them to the saucepan and bring to a simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Whisk in the corn starch mixture and let boil 1-2 minutes. Taste and add more Tabasco if desired.