- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 12 oz. Medium or Wide Egg Noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 16 oz. spinach, stems removed and rinsed, cut into 1-inch crosswise strips
- 4 pears (red or green, or mixed), cored and sliced, leaving peel on
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in large bowl.
2 Whisk together orange juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, orange zest, oil and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
3 In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of dressing over medium heat.
4 Saute spinach in 2 to 3 batches until slightly wilted.
5 In large bowl, combine cooked noodles, pears, raisins, half of cheese, half of pecans, wilted greens and red onion
6 Add remaining dressing and toss to combine.
7 Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and pecans. Serve immediately.
Source: National Pasta Association