Turkey is an easy and cost effective way to feed a crowd and shouldn't wait for Thanksgiving. You can serve a whole roast turkey any time.
You can also use this recipe and method for chicken or duck, the glaze will cover 2 whole chickens.
Serve with our Best Ever Gravy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 10-pound turkey, fresh or completely defrosted
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half
- 2 (2-inch) chunks fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches scallions
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce, divided
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Garnish: charred orange halves and charred scallions
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly spray a 12x17-inch roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Rinse turkey inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry. Place turkey in prepared pan.
3. Stuff cavity of turkey with orange, ginger, garlic and scallions.
4. In a bowl combine black pepper, ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce and olive oil. Rub all over the turkey and under the skin. Loosely cover turkey with aluminum foil.
5. Roast, loosely covered, for 2 hours and 30 minutes (15 minutes per pound for turkeys less than 12 pounds; 12 minutes per pound for turkeys larger than 12 pounds), basting occasionally.
6. Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of baking. Brush remaining teriyaki sauce over the turkey and bake until an instant-read digital meat thermometer inserted into the inner thigh reads 180℉, or when the juices run clear when a long-tined fork is inserted into the thickest part of the inner thigh. Cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with charred orange halves and charred scallions.