As we approach Passover I can’t help but think about my wonderful father and how much he is missed. It has been over ten years since he passed away and every time Passover rolls around I am reminded of his favorite dish.
My father did not cook. I do not remember him in the kitchen ever, except during this eight day holiday where he only made one dish. He made it every day for breakfast and all four of his children couldn't wait till it was ready. I served it to my kids growing up and they loved it as well.
The health conscious world that we live in may not appreciate it; but I was raised with it and it has become a staple during Passover. When you say to yourself “enough with the matzo” try this recipe for a delicious treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 PeopleServings
- 9 pieces of Matzo
- Container of Temp Tee Cream Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 4 Eggs
1. Carefully break each piece of matzo into 3 equal pieces.
2. Spread a thick layer (1/8 to ¼ inch) of cream cheese on three pieces and cover each with three more pieces making a sandwich. Spread the remaining matzo and break into pieces.
3. Break these into two pieces. You now have 18 pieces.
4. Beat the eggs into a wide bowl.
5. Dip the sandwich pieces in the egg and soak and cover both sides.
6. Melt enough butter in a wide skillet to cover the entire skillet area.
7. Cook the cream cheese sandwiches on both sides until outside matzo is browned and cream cheese is melted and hot.
8. Drain on paper towel and enjoy while hot.