This meat filling is savory and very simple to make. You can use a slow cooker, instant pot or traditional oven.
Got Brisket? Use leftover brisket as a filling for meaty kreplach.
Any leftovers can be used to make meat pizzas or as a filling for bourekas. In fact, you can use puff pastry squares, fill them with meat, fold into triangles, bake them off and enjoy a cross between kreplach and bourekas.
This filling is meant to be used in with our Shortcut Kreplach.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- 1 small chuck roast-3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 large Spanish onions, sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients in an ovenproof baking dish. Seal tightly and bake for 3 hours. Remove from oven and allow meat to cool, while still covered.
- One meat has cooled, transfer to cutting board. Strain out onions and garlic and discard.
- Shred meat either by hand or pulse in a food processor. Work some of the braising liquid into meat to make it moist. Season with salt and pepper.